Tru-Grind CBN wheels outperform common stone wheels in many ways.
This is a 8 inch diameter by 1.5 inch wide, 180 grit CBN wheel with a 1 1/4 inch diameter shaft opening. Use the CBN wheel reducing bushing to mount on a 5/8 inch shaft bench grinder.
- Made from a steel core and will run smoother on all grinders.
- NO WEAR – CBN wheels retain their shape and size so no resetting of your jigs.
- FINE AND EVEN FINISH TO WOODTURNING TOOLS – 180 grit gives a fine and even finish to your tools with only light pressure required.
- NO BURNT OR BLUE EDGES – Cool cutting provides no burnt or blue edges with a smooth grinding experience from 100 to 3500 RPM.
- NO DRESSING OR CONDITIONING REQUIRED – A CBN wheel is designed for sharpening high speed steels and will withstand the friction from grinding with much less heat produced than a diamond wheel.
Designed for use with bench type grinders; 1800 RPM (Preferred) or 3600 RPM. CBN material is on the face and sides (1/4″) of the wheel. Balanced in the manufacturing process and never need “Truing” or “Dressing”. They can make an inexpensive grinder perform almost as well as an industrial grinder. Designed for sharpening woodturning tools (High Speed Steel only) and not designed for Carbide or Carbon steel.
What is CBN (Cubic Boron Nitride)?
CBN abrasive is a similar product to synthetic industrial diamonds. CBN is composed of nitrogen and boron as very very hard crystals – second in hardness only to diamond. A single layer of CBN grit on the surface of a metal wheel can grind the hardest steel. CBN grinding wheels have been used in manufacturing processes for many years and are now available for common bench grinders. CBN crystals are electroplated on to a precision steel grinding wheel substrate resulting in the finest grinding wheels available today. Our electroplated CBN grinding wheels are machined from steel, electroplated with a layer of CBN grit and nickel plated. A CBN wheel is far better suited for sharpening high speed steels and will withstand the friction from grinding with much less heat produced than with a diamond wheel.