Since 1995 the Woodcut Bowlsaver Coring System has been supporting woodturners to save money by producing several bowls from a single block of wood is safe and easy. Cuts bowls from 75mm (3″) up to 300mm (12″).
- SAFE AND EASY FOR ALL LEVELS – The only coring device which is integrated with both the tool rest tail stock, making it the safest coring device on the market. Easy to operate meaning turners of all levels can use it.
- SAVE MONEY AND TIME – Create multiple bowl blanks , no additional blade purchases required. The Bowlsaver includes two high strength blades (used one at a time) with Stellite Cutters giving a combination of cuts that will remove bowls from 3″ to 12″ up to 5″ deep from the inside of the mother bowl.
- LATHES 1HP AND UP – Can be used on almost all Woodturning Lathes, from 12″ to 16″ swing with 1HP and up. Every lathe has a different diameter tool post so order a tool post to suit the lathe you are using. Set it up and start saving wood.
- PREDICTABLE RESULTS EVERY TIME – The long lasting Stellite cutter will produce up to 500 bowls before needing to be re-sharpened. The Woodcut Tools Bowlsaver works with green or seasoned wood, accurately remove a perfect bowl every time. A template pattern to determine bowl depth is included, or purchase a Light Guide to make this even easier.
- USER GUIDES, TEMPLATE & VIDEOS SUPPLIED – An extensive user guide booklet is included in the box with your Bowlsaver. User guide, set up and demonstration videos are available on our You Tube channel.
The Woodcut Bowlsaver Coring System accurately removes a perfect bowl every time. Long lasting Stellite cutter will produce up to 500 bowls and works with green or seasoned wood. It is the only coring system which is supported by a Morse taper that fits into the tailstock of the lathe, along with the security of knowing the Bowlsaver couples to the lathe via the lathe tool post. (It comes as a standard with a #2 Morse taper, alternative sizes available if required). This design gives a solid support and reduces vibration. The Bowlsaver has two blades, which are used one at a time. The blades give a combination of cuts that will remove blanks from 3” up to 12” from the inside of the mother bowl. The cutters come sharp and ready to start coring. To re-sharpen simply lightly sharpen with a DMT Card Hone, or similar. A comprehensive user guide is included as well as a template pattern to determine bowl depth included. The Bowlsaver comes with a handle which can also easily be used for any 1/2″ dia. tools. The Bowlsaver coring system will fit almost all lathes large and small, from 12″ to 16″ swing with 1HP and up. There are a range of tool post options available sold separately. Please contact us should you require assistance with this.
A Bowlsaver Light guide is also available as an additional purchase.